NEWSAR
Multi-perspective news intelligence
SRCFox News - World
LANGEN
LEANCenter-Right
WORDS355
ENT12
SAT · 2026-02-07 · 18:02 GMTBRIEF NSR-2026-0207-14258
News/Trump calls Israel’s president ‘disgrace/Iran vows to 'target US bases' if American forces launch an …
NSR-2026-0207-14258News Report·EN·National Security

Iran vows to 'target US bases' if American forces launch an attack: report

Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi stated on Saturday that Iran would target U.S. bases in the region if attacked by American forces.

Greg Norman-Diamond,Rachel WolfFox News - WorldFiled 2026-02-07 · 18:02 GMTLean · Center-RightRead · 2 min
Iran vows to 'target US bases' if American forces launch an attack: report
Fox News - WorldFIG 01
Reading time
2min
Word count
355words
Sources cited
5cited
Entities identified
12entities
Quality score
100%
§ 01

Briefing Summary

AI-generated
NEWSAR · AI

Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi stated on Saturday that Iran would target U.S. bases in the region if attacked by American forces. This warning followed Araghchi's announcement that indirect nuclear talks with the U.S. in Oman were a positive initial step and would continue. According to Araghchi, Iran would not attack neighboring countries, but specifically U.S. bases stationed within them. The U.S. had previously attacked Iranian nuclear facilities, leading to a retaliatory Iranian attack on a U.S. airbase in Qatar. Omani officials facilitated separate meetings between Iranian and American representatives to foster conditions for resuming diplomatic and technical negotiations aimed at achieving regional security and stability.

Confidence 0.90Sources 5Claims 5Entities 12
§ 02

Article analysis

Model · rule-based
Framing
National Security
Diplomatic
Tone
Mixed Tone
AI-assessed
CalmNeutralAlarmist
Factuality
0.80 / 1.00
Factual
LowHigh
Sources cited
5
Well sourced
FewMany
§ 03

Key claims

5 extracted
01

Omani Foreign Minister Badr al-Busaidi met with both Iranian and American officials on Friday.

factualForeign Ministry of Oman
Confidence
1.00
02

The U.S. last June attacked nuclear facilities in Iran, in what has come to be known as Operation Midnight Hammer.

factualnull
Confidence
0.95
03

Indirect nuclear talks with the U.S. in Oman were 'a good start'.

quoteIranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi
Confidence
0.90
04

Iran will target U.S. bases in the region if American forces launch an attack.

quoteIranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi
Confidence
0.90
05

There was a 'consensus' that the negotiations would continue.

quoteIranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi
Confidence
0.80
§ 04

Full report

2 min read · 355 words
Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi warned Saturday that Tehran will "target U.S. bases " in the region if American forces launch an attack, a report said. The remark came after Araghchi said Friday that indirect nuclear talks with the U.S. in Oman were "a good start" and that there was a "consensus" that the negotiations would continue. "It would not be possible to attack American soil, but we will target their bases in the region" if Iran is attacked by U.S. forces, Araghchi told Al Jazeera on Saturday, according to Reuters. "We will not attack neighboring countries; rather, we will target U.S. bases stationed in them. There is a big difference between the two," he reportedly added. IRANIAN OFFICIAL SAYS NUCLEAR TALKS WILL CONTINUE AFTER US, TEHRAN NEGOTIATIONS HAD ‘A GOOD START’ IN Oman The U.S. last June attacked nuclear facilities in Iran, in what has come to be known as Operation Midnight Hammer. In response, Iran launched a retaliatory attack on Al-Udeid, the American airbase in Qatar, which President Donald Trump characterized at the time as a "very weak response." "Iran has officially responded to our Obliteration of their Nuclear Facilities with a very weak response, which we expected, and have very effectively countered. There have been 14 missiles fired — 13 were knocked down, and 1 was ‘set free,’ because it was headed in a nonthreatening direction," the president wrote on Truth Social. SATELLITE IMAGES REVEAL ACTIVITY AT Iran NUCLEAR SITES BOMBED BY US, ISRAEL Regarding Friday’s nuclear talks, Araghchi said, "It was a good start, but its continuation depends on consultations in our respective capitals and deciding on how to proceed." Omani Foreign Minister Badr al-Busaidi met with both Iranian and American officials on Friday, the Foreign Ministry of Oman said on X. The ministry said that al-Busaidi held separate meetings with Araghchi and U.S. special envoy Steve Witkoff and Jared Kushner. "The consultations focused on preparing the appropriate conditions for resuming diplomatic and technical negotiations, while emphasizing their importance, in light of the parties' determination to ensure their success in achieving sustainable security and stability," the Foreign Ministry of Oman said.
§ 05

Entities

12 identified
§ 06

Keywords & salience

8 terms
iran
0.90
us bases
0.80
attack
0.80
nuclear talks
0.70
american forces
0.60
oman
0.50
retaliatory attack
0.50
negotiations
0.40
§ 07

Topic connections

Interactive graph
Network visualization showing 50 related topics
View Full Graph
Person Organization Location Event|Click node to navigate|Edge numbers = shared articles