NEWSAR
Multi-perspective news intelligence

Harry and Meghan’s security funding on UK return is private matter, Burnham says

7 articles
3 sources
0% diversity
Updated 8h ago
Key Topics & People
Meghan *Harry Lilibet Archie England

Coverage Framing

7
Human Interest(7)
Avg Factuality:61%
Avg Sensationalism:Moderate

Story Timeline

Aug 20 Evening

2 articles|2 sources
royal familysecurity fundingharry and meghanprince harryprivate matter
Human Interest(2)
The Guardian - World News8h ago

Harry and Meghan’s security funding on UK return is private matter, Burnham says

Prime Minister Andy Burnham stated that security funding for Prince Harry and Meghan's return to the UK is a "private matter" for the couple. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who moved to California in 2020, are planning to reside in a non-royal home outside London later this month. This planned return was a surprise, with King Charles informed only three days prior. Harry has been involved in a legal dispute with the Home Office regarding his security arrangements in the UK since stepping down as a working royal. The couple will retain their homes in California and Portugal, and Meghan will continue her lifestyle brand from their new UK base.

Mixed toneMixed3 sources
Neutral
Associated Press (AP)9h ago

What to know about Prince Harry’s move back to Britain with Meghan and the kids

Prince Harry and Meghan are returning to Britain with their children, Archie and Lilibet, for an extended stay, marking a significant development six years after they stepped back from royal duties. The couple will reside in a private home outside London and will not resume working royal roles, continuing their independent ventures. This move comes amid Prince Harry's expressed desire for reconciliation with his family, particularly his father, King Charles III, who is undergoing cancer treatment. While the exact reasons for the return are undisclosed, their children are enrolled in British schools starting in September. The announcement has reportedly surprised the royal family, with King Charles only learning of the plans recently. Despite past rifts, including public grievances aired in interviews and Harry's memoir, this extended stay could offer an opportunity to mend family relationships.

Mixed toneMixed2 sources
Neutral

Key Claims

quote

Security funding for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's return to the UK is a private matter, according to Andy Burnham.

— Andy Burnham

factual

Prince Harry has been involved in a legal battle with the Home Office regarding his security arrangements in the UK since stepping down as a working royal.

quote

Peter Hunt suggested Prince William would be 'apoplectic' about the Sussexes' return and that it could lead to two rival royal courts.

— Peter Hunt

factual

Harry and Meghan will not be offered a 'half-in half-out' option for royal roles, a proposal rejected by Queen Elizabeth II in 2020.

factual

King Charles was informed of Harry and Meghan's planned return to the UK only three days before the news became public.

Aug 20 Morning

4 articles|2 sources
prince harrymeghanroyal familyreturn to ukroyal duties
Human Interest(4)
Associated Press (AP)20h ago

Prince Harry and Meghan are returning to the UK with their children, British newspaper says

Prince Harry and Meghan, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, are reportedly returning to the United Kingdom with their children, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet, who are set to start British schools in September. The family plans to reside in a private home outside of London and will not resume their roles as working members of the royal family. This decision comes after Harry expressed a desire for reconciliation with his father, King Charles III, who is undergoing cancer treatment. The couple previously relinquished their royal duties over six years ago to move to California. Their return follows a period of strained relations with the royal family, exacerbated by legal battles and public criticisms.

MeasuredMixed2 sources
Neutral
South China Morning Post22h ago

Prince Harry and Meghan to move back to Britain, media reports say

According to British press reports, Prince Harry and Meghan are planning to move back to the United Kingdom from the United States by the end of the month. The couple intends to reside in a private, non-royal home located outside of London. Their two children, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet, have reportedly been enrolled in a British school for the upcoming academic year. This move comes six years after they stepped down as working royals.

MeasuredMixed2 sources
Neutral
Associated Press (AP)22h ago

Prince Harry and Meghan are returning to the UK with their children, British newspaper says

Prince Harry and Meghan are reportedly returning to the United Kingdom with their children, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet, who have been enrolled in British schools starting in September. The couple will reside in a private home outside of London and will not resume their roles as working members of the royal family. King Charles III was informed of the decision on Sunday, not during the couple's recent visit to the UK. This move comes over six years after they stepped back from royal duties and relocated to California. Harry has expressed a desire for reconciliation with his family, particularly to spend more time with his father, King Charles III, who is undergoing cancer treatment.

MeasuredMixed2 sources
Neutral

Key Claims

factual

Prince Harry and Meghan will return to the United Kingdom.

factual

Harry and Meghan quit royal duties in 2020 and moved to the United States, alleging hostility and racist attitudes by the press and royal establishment.

factual

Harry launches lawsuits against three newspaper groups, claiming stories were obtained by hacking, bugging, deception, or other illegal intrusion.

factual

Buckingham Palace has a policy of not commenting on speculation about non-working members of the royal family.

— AP

factual

Buckingham Palace has a policy of not commenting on speculation about non-working members of the royal family.

— AP

Aug 19 Evening

1 articles|1 sources
royal familyprince harrymeghanreturn to britainsecurity arrangements
Human Interest(1)
The Guardian - World News23h ago

Prince Harry and Meghan ‘moving back to Britain this month’

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are reportedly planning to move back to Britain this month with their two children, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet. This relocation comes six years after they left for the US and would involve a non-royal residence, with the children expected to start school in September. King Charles and the Prince and Princess of Wales have been informed of the decision. The move follows a recent reunion with the King and Prince Harry's expressed desire for reconciliation with the royal family, though their status as private individuals will remain unchanged. The article notes that security arrangements for the family have been a long-standing issue, with Prince Harry previously stating he would not feel safe bringing his family back without police protection.

Mixed toneMixed3 sources
Neutral

Key Claims

quote

Prince Harry previously stated he would not feel safe bringing his family back to the UK without police protection.

— Prince Harry

quote

Prince Harry expressed a desire for reconciliation with the royal family.

— Prince Harry

factual

King Charles was informed of the Sussexes' planned return to Britain.

— Daily Telegraph

factual

Prince Harry and Meghan are reportedly planning to return to live in Britain this month.

— Daily Telegraph

factual

The couple's children are enrolled to start school in September.

— Daily Telegraph