Police arrest 12 as hundreds join banned pro-Palestinian march in London
Hundreds of people participated in a banned pro-Palestinian march in London on Sunday, resulting in 12 arrests. The march was prohibited by the government due to concerns about potential public disorder, citing the organizers' alleged support for the Iranian regime amidst ongoing Middle East conflict.

Briefing Summary
AI-generatedHundreds of people participated in a banned pro-Palestinian march in London on Sunday, resulting in 12 arrests. The march was prohibited by the government due to concerns about potential public disorder, citing the organizers' alleged support for the Iranian regime amidst ongoing Middle East conflict. While a static demonstration was permitted, police separated pro-Palestinian protesters and counterprotesters on opposite sides of the River Thames near Parliament. Demonstrators waved flags and displayed signs criticizing Israeli actions in Gaza, referencing the response to the October 7, 2023 attacks. The ban marked the first time a protest march in London had been prohibited since 2012.
Article analysis
Model · rule-basedKey claims
5 extractedPro-Palestinian protesters waved flags and held up placards with slogans such as “Stop Israeli war crimes”.
It was the first time a protest march in the British capital was banned since 2012.
Interior Minister Shabana Mahmood said she agreed to the ban to “prevent serious public disorder”.
The march was banned by the government after police said it was organised by a group “supportive of the Iranian regime”.
Police arrest 12 as hundreds join banned pro-Palestinian march in London.