Trump says he has called off Tuesday’s planned Iran strike at request of Gulf allies
US President Donald Trump announced on Monday that he has called off a planned military strike on Iran scheduled for Tuesday. Trump stated that the decision was made because "serious negotiations" are currently underway.

Briefing Summary
AI-generatedUS President Donald Trump announced on Monday that he has called off a planned military strike on Iran scheduled for Tuesday. Trump stated that the decision was made because "serious negotiations" are currently underway. This announcement follows previous threats from the president that a deal was needed to avoid renewed fighting after a fragile ceasefire. While the president did not provide specifics about the planned attack, he indicated that the US military had been instructed to be ready for a large-scale assault on Iran if an acceptable deal was not reached.
Article analysis
Model · rule-basedKey claims
4 extractedTrump said he has called off Tuesday’s planned Iran strike at request of Gulf allies.
Trump instructed the US military to be prepared to go forward with a full, large scale assault of Iran, on a moment’s notice, in the event that an acceptable Deal is not reached.
Trump's announcement came as he had threatened the clock was ticking for Iran to strike a deal or fighting would renew.
US President Donald Trump said he is calling off a military strike on Iran planned for Tuesday.